You are invited to:
An International Jazz, Soul and Blues Evening at Charleville Castle
Limited to 120 guests only
Having “brought the house down” in a previous performance at Charleville Castle, Violetta is returning to enthrall Charleville Castle supporters in the acoustic perfection of the famous fan-vaulted gallery on June the 11th for that one special night only. Violetta has succeeded in enticing the great Michele Faber, “one of the most highly respected pianists of the Los Angeles jazz scene”. For the sax she has selected the Swedish saxophone player Fredrik Carlquist, along with two of Ireland’s new musical sensations, Dave Redmond on bass and Kevin Brady on drums.
This is a night to unite supporters of Charleville Castle and bring in more. Only 120 tickets are being printed. The idea is let the gallery of Charleville Castle show what it can do for such a wonderful contemporary music assembly. A sponsored wine reception with roaring fires, café-style seating and moody lighting are planned to let 120 people in on the secret of Charleville Castle’s unique design. This will be the night, in 2010, to truly appreciate the power in the heritage, which we are together saving for generations to come.
Stay and meet with the performers and other interesting people who will come. If you have far to travel, we will gladly assist you with local accommodation arrangements. The Tullamore Court Hotel is particularly supporting the evening with an impossibly large reduction on the cost of overnight accommodation with full breakfast and all the other perks – just prove that you are a guest of Violetta and you will be surprised with what will be offered you. On a peak Friday night you will have the possibility of enjoying Tullamore’s finest hotel arrangement for just €55 per person sharing.
This will truly be a night to remember, a night of great entertainment and art, and a night for new dreams, new ideas and friends.
We would like to thank Sandy Fitzgerald of the Grapevine, and City Arts Centre, fame for his loyalty and support over the years and for creating, through Violletta, this great feast of music and heritage which now awaits you!
* Charleville Castle is only a few minutes from Tullamore Train Station, connecting to Cork and Galway and only one hour from Dublin.
* Tickets are €20. They are strictly limited to 120 in number. It will sell-out. They are available from www.ticketmaster.ie or any ticketmaster outlet.
* Doors open 7pm. Performance commences 8pm sharp. Doors close 8pm Sharp.
* Don’t feel hurried after the event – there is nowhere better for an after performance chat. Leave your car at home and enjoy some sponsored beer and wine. Or just simply soak up the magical atmosphere.
* Offaly County Arts Office supports this event
* This event is in aid of Charleville Castle Heritage Trust – it is not just funding that matters – Charleville Castle needs its true friends – we also need more to understand the greatness of this masterful human construction but also to appreciate how this can be for all to share – now and long into the future.
Important Links On-line:
Michelle Faber (USA): http://www.michelefaber.com/fla/default_eng.html
Fredrik Carlquist: http://www.myspace.com/fredrikkronkvist
Kevin Brady: http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/musician.php?id=16056
Dave Redmond: http://www.kevinbrady.ie/images/KBT_2009.doc
Charleville Castle Heritage Trust: email@example.com
Dudley Stewart: 087 909 2593
Bridget Vance 087 766 4110
Tullamore Court Hotel: 057 934 6666